To set up your Alerts correctly is essential to get the most accurate results in Mention. The first and most important step is to choose carefully the keywords that you want to monitor. After this, you will have to set the Social Accounts you want to track and choose the Sources, Languages, and Countries from which you want to receive your mentions. Let's start!
1. Add a new Alert
To get started, you will need to select in the left column at the bottom the option Add a new Alert. You can also create the first Alert directly when you access the platform for the first time.
2. Select Basic Alert
You will find the below screen, where you will need to select the option Basic Alert.
3. Name your Alert
You can use your main keyword or choose something that will help you well identify your Alert.
- If you want to title your Alert as your brand's name or a competitor's name, Mention will attempt to auto-generate some content for you to make alert creation easier. By clicking on the auto-generated name, Mention will automatically provide the brand's Facebook page, Twitter page, and Company website to your alert.
- If you want to title your Alert as a phrase or topic, then you can simply click on 'Use << alert name >> instead at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
4. Define your keywords
On the first tab you can start listing the keywords you want to monitor using our available options: Optional, Required and Excluded keywords. To set up your alert, you can choose up to 5 keywords per module.
👉 Make sure you know how to write your keywords.
5. Choose the pages that you want to monitor
The monitored pages allow you to track specific websites, social accounts, and review sites. The content from these pages will come up automatically if the Alert Name is a recognized brand.
In this area, you can add any Company URL, Twitter Profile, Facebook Business Page, or Review Site URLs! You can also edit your alert to add different URL's in the future; however, you are limited to 1 URL for Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Reviews per alert.
- If you select "include own posts", you will receive all the content from this website even if the content doesn't match your keywords. This can be useful to track a competitor.
- If you don't select "include own posts", all the content from this website will be excluded even if it matches your keywords. It can be useful if you track your brand not to be spammed by your own content.
Adding a Twitter profile will us to collect every tweet mentioning the profile with @mention. If you select "include own post", it will also collect all the posts published by this profile.
Facebook Business Page:
When adding a Facebook page, you have two available options:
- If you select Include own posts, you will receive all the content from this Facebook page even if the content doesn't match your keywords.
- If you selecting Include own comments, you will receive all the content from this Facebook page even if the content doesn't match your keywords.
You can add review sites to get every new review published about your brand or product.
Some review sites that Mention monitors in Basic Alerts are Booking, TripAdvisor, Google Local Business, Amazon Product Reviews, or TrustPilot.
8. Select the Sources that you want to monitor
You can select the Sources you want to get mentions from in the left menu of the next step:
👉 Get more information about the Sources that are available for Basic Alerts in your current plan.
8. Select the Languages
You can select up to 10 languages (per Alert) you want to get mentions from.
👉 Get more information about the Languages here.
9. Share the Alert with your Team members
Before launching your Alert, you can choose if you want to share it with your Team members or not. You can also share an Alert when it has already been created.
10. Save your alert
Click on View Results to save your Alert! Once created, Mention will begin to monitor your alert search and fetch new mentions online!
👉 Take a look at our video: How to create your first Basic Alert
What about the Country Monitoring?
❗️This feature is available after the alert is created! You will need to go to 'Edit Alert' to find the Country Monitoring tab.
You can either choose to receive mentions from anywhere or choose to receive mentions only from a set of Countries (up to 10 per alert).
Please note that the location of some mentions cannot be determined. If you want to receive the mentions from an unknown country, please select Mentions without country information in the Country list.